Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Daily Photo Theme - Something About to Disappear Soon

I consider this month's theme to be very challenging. I actually couldn't find the time to shoot something, but I sure don't want to miss participating in the theme! My friend gave me this picture of a house made from wood and stone, which you wouldn't find around Jakarta anymore. To me, it looks like architechture in the big city of Jakarta is going toward minimalist or european models to suite people's lifestyles. And I think this type of house is much more difficult to maintain compared to concrete and steel. Although you will still find a house like this being built in a higher ground closer to the mountain, where it's cooler, and people use it as a place to get away from the hectic city. So I guess, this isn't about to disappear soon altoghether... just disappearing from the crowded city and being exchanged by tall apartment buildings :) Want to know what other cities have come up with for this month's theme? Check out these links below to find out: 1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 -7 -8 -9 -10 -11 -12 -13 -14 -15 -16 -17 -18 -19 -20 -21 -22 -23 -24 -25 -26 -27 -28 -29 -30 -31 -32 -33 -34 -35 -36 -37 -38 -39 -40 -41 -42 -43 -44 -45 -46 -47 -48 -49 -50 -51 -52 -53 -54 -55 -56
Comments:
Thanks Santy, it's a lovely shot of your friends. Wouldn't it be sad if we all lost our heritage, including wonderful architecture? This house looks lovely and it would be a shame if it was to be knocked down.
 
I'm glad you got to participate in theme day ... Hopefully this sort of architecture will be retained if only in the more rural areas.
 
This is a beautiful house and not something I pictured in Jakarta. I agree this wasn't an easy theme.
 
The house certainly looks nice and comfortable.
 
"Huma di atas bukit"...

I agree with you Santy...difficult to find house like this in Jakarta...
 
This house is so familiar to me, we have even in the towns wooden houses.
I am now visiting the town Lahti and here is a large, new wooden consert house called "The Sibelius house"
You could look at it in this URL:

http://www.sibeliustalo.fi/
default_uk.asp?site=2&id=65

Your post is very fine, thanks!
 
after all the rough time you had lately it's admiring to see you're making an effort.

it's a shame these kind of things are not preserved in the cities, it seems the land is more precious (rather expensive) to leave it as it is.
 
It looks like a peaceful (if somewhat gloomy!) retreat!
 
I dun mind staying in that house. it looks comfortable....
 
its a real surprise to me to see a house like this in Jakarta. Wonderful present Santy:)
 
it seems like a very lovely house but when a city urbanizes to such an extent and houses like these become so rare then they also become very expensive - if they are still around,
 
Santy, I finally made it through all the other 55 in today's theme and made it to the end and your blog. I'm really glad to see this as I love beautiful stone work. Those arches are very lovely to my eye, and the greens and greys of the photo are wonderful. Great post for our theme day. And yes, this was a very hard theme for most of us, but everyone came up with something great for today!
-Kim
 
OK SAnty, I think I have visited every one today, you're the last one! Congratulations on your choice, after all even if it's not "soon" it's still too soon!
 
Ah we certainly are hard on ourselves. Your narration clearly indicates the possibility of loss, and that's important. The house is indeed large and one I wouldn't mind having!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?