Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Daily Photo Theme - Self Portrait in Favorite Place

My favorite place in Jakarta is actually the Japanese restaurant called Sushi Tengoku, located in Radio Dalam street of South Jakarta. I love sushi! But at the moment, the one and only place I love to visit is my parents' house. Where I could spend as many moments possible with my dad, try to make him feel safe and calm, helping my mom -- the greatest woman who in the past 15 years has been so brave in taking care of my ailing dad with all her heart. And I'm sure it's my daughter's favorite place as well, because grandpa and grandma say ok to everything! :) Today is a theme day for Daily Photo blogs. The numbered links below will take you to different cities with the same theme. Please do visit the links and see self portraits of them in their favorite places. 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28
Comments:
this is true self portrait as it should be taken.
 
Hi, santy!
 
Hi Santy! I'm so sorry to hear that your father is in poor health. I hope he feels better soon.
 
Inside Radio Street, what a name! Great portrait Santy. My regards to bapak. has he seen your pictures?
 
Hello Santy,

Your post is very touching. Very thoghtful of you to thank you mother for taking good care of your father.

Even once we're grown ups there is no place like your parents house.

PS: I am a Sushi sucker too!
 
What a lovely selfportrait. At first I thought it was in your home. I was touched by the words about your family. That is what matters!

My best whishes :-)
 
Hi Santy, nyaman banget rumah ortumu ya. Very sweet picture, sayang wajah manis mu gak keliatan :)

Salam hormat buat mama dan papa ya.
 
Hi Santy, you look just like......YOU in the profile shot;-), agree with Eric, very touching of what you wrote here!
 
Hi Santy, i wish the best for you and yosiur family.
 
Santy; A loving caring wife, his kids and grandkids all around him. Your dad may be ailing but he is a lucky man.
 
such a touching, loving post, and a great self portrait as well!
 
Did you tell your mom you were taking a picture there? Mine would have redecorated if I told her!

Along with sending best wishes for your father, I wish you and your mother courage too. I know all to well this is must be difficult time.
 
edwin: yes, I've shown him some. And I will show him more of the new ones.

eric: yes, it's always a more comfortable place.

thanks all for your best wishes, it has been a very difficult time for our family. but I'm lucky to have another set of families like all of you who keep me going! :)
 
Santy,
So nice to be able to go with you to your parents house! Hey, you are just the woman I need to tell me your favorite sushi place in Seattle. We've been trying some close to home, and they are nice, but haven't hit the heights we enjoyed in the SF Bay Area. Thanks! Give your folks hugs from the CDP group who have "visited."
-Kim
 
grandpa and grandma spoils your daughter haha - that is kewl - and lovelty place for a self portrait =)
 
Brilliant, I love the antique setting.
Also, I love your top (the colour looks fabulous on you!), could I borrow it?
 
That is a very nice photo, and a touching story. Best wishes to your family.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?