Thursday, April 06, 2006

Metro

I went to Pondok Indah Mall (PIM) the other day and walked on the bridge which connects PIM 1 and PIM 2. You can obviously tell that there was a window in front of my camera. Not very smart, eh? I know, it's not quite a sharp shot there, but that very moment I felt like capturing the Metro sign. The building has stood there for 15 years. It was the first Metro Department Store in Jakarta. A year before that, when it was still empty grounds, people were so fussy about going to Singapore to shop at Metro! Now the stores are all over Jakarta, where we can find nearly everything we need :) Metro ought to give me some discounts for this post, eh? Anyway, there are still many things in Jakarta which need to be improved, but I just want to share how good it feels being a witness of changes and developments in this city.
Comments:
Funny coincidence Santy (that I also posted a "Metro" photo). Actually we also have a Metro chain store in France but I don't think it's the same people.

"Our" Metro is a German chain store and it is more a cash and carry kind of store.
 
I used to go to Metro when I was still staying in a boarding house at Fatmawati. This shot brings back sweet memories. Thanks San !
 
Interesting! What kind of shops are inside? More local or more international brands?
 
Nicola: It's both local and international brands.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?