Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Gado-Gado

This Ibu is preparing a dish called Gado-Gado. It's a combination of various kinds of vegetables, just like a salad, but with peanut sauce as dressing. I will post one with a closer look of the food next time. She mixed everything in a large stone bowl. A number of bottles above and in front of her are soy sauce, one of the essential ingredients of gado-gado. I think a display like that is an interesting way to keep stock. Speaking of food, yesterday I saw a delicious dessert in Wiesbaden, Germany. Come and take a peek!
Comments:
It's funny to be only vegetables because in portuguese gado means cattle!
 
I definitely want to give it a taste! Salads with nutty sauces sounds YUMMO!
 
Interesting, I love salads.
 
nuno: haha...that's a funny one. it's interesting how sometimes languages have similarity throughout the world.
 
I like this picture taken from inside... Nice back-lit photograph!
 
Photonya gelap San. Anyway, jadi kepengen makan gado2, tapi disini gak ada :-(
 
tasty
 
Hunger bells going!
 
thanks all!!
 
Hey, thanks for the link! I'd love to try gado-gado - sounds really good, especially since I love peanut sauce!! Really nice photo!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?